Return To Bible StudyNaomi and Ruth – Ruth meets Boaz
Passage: Read Ruth 1-2
Introduction: Chapter 1 introduces Naomi and Ruth. Naomi’s husband Elimelech dies, as do her two sons Mahlon and Chilion. Naomi becomes bitter; she describes her life (1:21) as being full and then empty. Ruth is Naomi’s daughter-in-law. Ruth, also a recent widow, remains loyal to Naomi and travels with her back to Bethlehem from Moab. Chapter 2 introduces Boaz and tells of his dealings with Ruth. Ruth has gone out to work in Boaz’s fields, where she encounters Boaz.
1. What was Naomi feeling? What do we learn about her character?
2. What do learn about Ruth? Ruth’s character?Chapter 2
3. What do we learn about Boaz? Boaz’s character? What does he offer Ruth?
4. (2:13) How does this verse describe Ruth?
5. How is Naomi encouraged?
6. How do we see God’s sovereign hand in chapters 1 and 2?
7. Why is God’s sovereignty important for us to understand daily?
© New Testament Christian
Please include the following statement on any distributed copy:
By Kevin Haag. © New Testament Christian. Website: new-testament-christian.com. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ruth, MacArthur Bible Study Guide
Faithful God, Ferguson commentary on Ruth
Return From Ruth 1-2 To Bible Study
Return To New Testament Christian Home